
We resumed walking and visited the shops directly on the Boardwalk. Decided it was time to ride the carousel. It was a slow day for the amusement park. I went to pay the $3 for the ride and the concession lady said $3.25. I showed her the sign out front that read $3. Her reply "we charge tax". Hmmpf. Then it should say 'plus tax'. Wellllll, that was the biggest ripoff of a carousel ride. It only revolved 3x ...could it have been because I was the only one riding? No music emanated from the center either...it would have been nice to hear instead of the horses and other animals groaning as they went up and down on their poles. Does this carousel afficionado recommend this carousel? Absolutely not!

So, now it's time to try lunch #2. This time we chose the Chart House and sat outside under an umbrella. The table still had the previous patrons' dishes. Despite being assured that a busboy would soon be by, the dishes were finally cleared away by the manager. I enjoyed a bowl of seafood étouffée while Sally relished her shrimp po'boy with string onion rings and fries. It was a fun, sunny day and we made it home 'lickety-split'.
Well, even if the ride wasn't up to snuff, the picture is fun!! Nice shots and write up!
ReplyDelete