As Grandmas are wont to experience, I just received a Granny 9-1-1 call from Erika asking me to watch Aedin, Dylin, and Olsin for a few hours this evening. Erika, as a co-director of the Fort Bend Theatre's production of "Little Women", was on her way to the theatre. Terry had an 8PM
outdoor soccer game in which he wanted to play. I met Terry as he, Gavin, Colin, and Gavin's friend, Manny, were preparing to leave. I emphasized 'outdoor' as the temperature was in the 40s - not fit for man or beast to be outside playing.
Aedin and Dylin entertained themselves with a Hannah Montana game on the computer while Olsin (and I intermittently) watched episodes of Transformers. This was my total immersion into
little (Olsin says he's a big boy now) boys' interests - he used to be content to play house or whatever the girls were doing. Maybe it's the haircut?
I noticed a new addition on the wall in the family room. Aedin and Dylin are taking art classes. Who knows, perhaps one day they may rival some of the greats. They are off to a good start.

Dylin's acrylic on canvas was titled The Witches Land. I like her use of color. It's priced at $28,000,000 if anyone's interested. The girl likes to think in humongous sums. Go for it, girl. The world's your oyster.

Aedin was inspired by Van Gogh's The Starry Night. I think she did quite well with her interpretation. Now that I see their paintings together, it looks as if they were using the same artist's pallet. = )
No comments:
Post a Comment