Can you believe anyone would want to correspond with someone who wrote such a mundane letter? No imagination at all.
About a month later, I remember coming home from school one day in early December and saw a letter on the end table addressed to me. I looked at it and asked my Mom, "Why did I write a letter to myself?". At that time I was using ball point pens with turquoise ink - the letter was addressed in the same color. And, oddly enough, the handwriting was just like mine. What a coincidence, eh?
Upon opening the envelope, I was introduced to Julie Kay Steinbach from Mayville, Wisconsin. She had selected my letter as we both had younger sisters and our birthdays were 11 days apart. One of the first things I remember learning about her family was that their first names spanned the alphabet from H to M, ie, Harry, Irene, Julie Kay, Loris Mae.
Fast forward to today. Julie came in on the Sunset Ltd Amtrak Monday night for a 2 day visit.
![]() |
| We had lunch with Penny my longtime friend I first met in Iran in 1975. |
![]() |
| We visited Taylor and her dogs, Teddy and Annie. |
![]() |
| L>R Dylin, Erika, Aedin, Olsin and Julie. We had lunch in Sugar Land. |
![]() |
| Anne and Julie with the Confederate Rose. It started blooming whilst Julie was here. White in the morning and pink in the evening. |




I think that 50 years probably would make the world record. Looks like a fun trip. Now I just have to meet Julie too!
ReplyDeleteWe'll try to do that in April = )
ReplyDelete