Sunday, February 6

The Katy Prairie

After such grey weather and cold temps this past week, we just had to get out and enjoy the sunshine on the Katy Prairie.

Prior to leaving I saw this squirrel atop the gazebo ~ Sneed caught this hawk in flight, the only one of which we were able to photograph

Very hard to see the bird with the foliage remaining on the tree ~ sights at Nelson Farms ~ the last photo looked like ancient dinosaurs rearing their metallic heads

Sneed spied this armadillo in the grass ~ a dust storm on the prairie ~ these transformers reminded me of toy Transformers

The viewing station which opened in November 2010 ~ the white in the last photo is a group of snow geese, not snow

Many layers of clouds in the sky ~ An unusual sight on the prairie, a Cricket game

2 comments:

  1. You actually got a picture of an armadillo? I thought those things were some kind of mythical creature or something... I've never seen one in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was surprised to see that they were anything other than road kill. I'd never seen a live one before.

    ReplyDelete