Tuesday, December 13

The Old and the New...Baby Rug, that is

Now all can be revealed. The behind the scenes machinations to recreate the rug I had made for Annemarie when she was a baby more than 3 decades previous.



When we visited Santa Barbara in August, I photographed the rug, front and back, as I no longer had the pattern. When we got home, I first flip flopped the 'back' photos so I had a pattern that was the same direction as the original. Then, I had Sneed enlarge and print them so I could count the number of stitches for each color in order to buy the yarn pieces. Sneed also graphed out the B so it would be the same dimensions as the original A.  It took some time to latch hook it all, but the end result was worth it.

Burke enjoying his toys whilst laying on his rug

The old and the new....both with first and last initials the same - Mom AA, and Burke BB.

FYI, total stitch count, 16,416!  Also, last photos courtesy of Annemarie in Santa Barbara, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment