Thursday, February 9

World of Coca~Cola

John was our tour guide today. Our first stop was the World of Coca~Cola. Oddly enough, even though one could drink as much as one wanted from 60 different varieties of drinks, I didn't have much as it has to be savored as it is imbibed. Time was of the essence so we moved to the gift store, and after purchasing a t-shirt, left.
The World of Coca~Cola facade..our Senior entry tickets (woohoo!)..a Coke bottle trash receptacle

Coca~Cola all around the world

Bottles decorated by various countries

The vault with the secret formula?

The evolution of the iconic bottle shape...one of the first headquarters. Ironically when I would be at the Atlanta FDIC office building, this triangular building was down the street and a familiar landmark so I could find the office.

Fun with the fizz...an old soda fountain...an original porcelain urn that was given to stores that ordered 100 gallons of syrup a year

Don't know what language "Ik ook" is - wonder what it means...I'd have no problem buying Coke from this man!


As the bottles came off this assembly line they were placed in an area from which we were allowed to take one as a souvenir. I took the plastic bag, put my hand inside and picked a bottle. It's been untouched by human hands = )

Our souvenir bottles, The Secret is Inside - John had a bottle from a previous visit that he generously donated for my collection

John Pemberton -  inventor of the elixir of the gods that is  more commonly known as Coca~Cola

No comments:

Post a Comment