We'll be on the road again soon and need Big Red to haul vehicles. This was a perfect day to drive to Caldwell and get the trailer from the ranch. The wildflowers are starting to emerge which is so exciting since we worried how last year's drought would affect them. So far, we are well pleased with what we saw.
It had been awhile since we left Big Red at the ranch, almost a year. There were a few changes along the way.
 |
| This mega mansion wasn't here the last time we drove through just north of Brenham. |
 |
L>R Indian Paintbrush, Bellardia, Prairie Spiderwort, Wine-Cup
|
 |
| This beautiful butterfly (moth?) was brushed off a board from under the trailer. Sneed thought it wasn't going to make it. With a lot of encouragement from me, it first flew about an inch, then a few more. I was going to pick it up and place it on some flowers. Evidently it heard me telling Sneed because it gathered all its strength and flew directly to the flowers, a couple of yards away. I was so thrilled. I'm a nut... I know it. |
 |
| The view in the monitor showing what is behind the trailer and the view in the side mirror out of my window - Big Red following behind, obedient as ever. |
No comments:
Post a Comment