
L>R...Gray Vervain ~ Purple Gerardia
The Gray Vervain was blowing in the breeze where we had stopped. I don't think I would have been able to capture anything without it being blurred. Sneed did a superb job. ~ We saw Purple Gerardia last week but I wanted another photo of it. Sneed didn't realize that there was a spider resting on the petal until we got home and looked at the pictures. He loves to take flower photos with bees or other insects on the flower.

This farmer was actually piling up his bales of hay to remove them from the field. We have had so much rain that there is an overabundance of hay this year and most hay bales just sit in the field and rot. Sneed thought that the tractor had broken down in the first photo as it sat still for some time. Once again when we got home we realized that modern technology had intervened and the farmer was talking on his cell phone.

I spotted this Crested Caracara, a bird of prey, while it was sitting high up in some trees. When Sneed backed the truck up, it flew away but we followed it and it lit on a telephone pole. Not the best backdrop for the bird but it was interesting to see it at close range.
No comments:
Post a Comment