On our way home after our foray into wildflower country, we spied signs for an aircraft show at the West Houston Airport. We have visited the small airport numerous times and were delighted to catch the show. Surprisingly I thought CAF stood for Confederate Air Force, but the planes had Commemorative Air Force written on them. Further investigation proved I was correct in my assumption; however, "confederate" is now politically incorrect, thus the new nomenclature.
You will note that I haven't identified any of these. To me, they are interesting planes and I know a few of them but it's not important to identify each and every one. Now Sneed, on the other hand, can tell you what each one of them is. So if you have any questions, ask him.
This was one weird looking plane. In layman's terms, it was used in WWII, taking off from and landing on ships at sea. Having the wings folded up allowed more planes to be on the ship. A neat idea but no longer used.
Saturday, April 2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment