Saturday, December 18

The Christmas Revels - In Celebration of the Winter Solstice

Four years ago we attended our first Revels performance when Radhika, a girl with whom I worked, let it me known that she was going to be in it. The production was lavish and we really enjoyed the dancing and singing. The next year we took Taylor and Rob. Oh my disaster! After relating the beautiful performance we had seen, that year's show had an Appalachian Mountains theme. Not lavish at all. Two years ago, Aedin accompanied us to her first Revels performance. Last year, Dylin went and this year, they both came with us. This was the 20th anniversary of the Houston Revels so they were re-performing the very first show. Unfortunately, this was not what we had come to expect. Previous performances had little skits around which the dancers and singers performed. This was totally a singers/dancers/musicians show which rather quickly bored us all. As we held hands and twisted and turned through the theater to the lobby and around and around in the lobby
Dylin ~ 2009
Aedin ~ 2008



singing the Lord of the Dance refrain:

Dance,then, wherever you may be;
"I am the Lord of the Dance," said he,
"And I'll lead you all, wherever you may be,
And I'll lead you all in the dance," said he.

we decided we would leave at this opportune Intermission moment.

Aedin and Dylin have fun outside the Wortham Theater on the University of Houston campus before the Revels presentation. I love the expressions on their faces in the center photograph.

Dylin and one of the Lord of the Dance's dancers - showing off the Christmas tree in the lobby - "I didn't know you could do that, Papa"

Two little princesses zonked out on the way home
Listen to their squeals of delight at having Papa push them on the swing. "This is so much fun." Such joy in their voices.

No comments:

Post a Comment