
Can I blame it on the Astros? 'cause I love watching the Astros play...on TV and in person - no matter where the seats are. Well, I like the promotions, too. Last year, the day was September 27, a Sunday 1PM game. The Astros were playing the Reds and it was Fan Appreciation Day. I got online and bought us some cheap seats. It was an exciting game. The Reds were on a 6 game winning streak. They didn't get to see #7. Wandy Rodriguez pitched well and the Astros won 3-2. But I'm getting ahead of myself - the reason for the post.
The fan appreciation prizes were being posted on the Big Board (didn't want to disturb the game by announcing them on the loud speaker) by Section, Row, and Seat Number. Some of the prizes were a year's worth of Kolaches, or a year's worth of What-a-Burgers. You'd definitely be able to pick out those fans this year = ) Then the prize shown was a year's worth of Coca~Cola. First the section matched mine (I smiled), then the row (my heart started fluttering), then 100 years passed before the seat was shown. I shouted "That's me and I love Coca~Cola!" So that's how my fanaticism with the drink became an addiction. I didn't let much time pass before I called to find out how to claim my prize. I could take it as one delivery of 26 cases...that's 4 six-packs to a case or a grand total of ..ta da.. 624 cans of the elixir for my soul; or as 2 deliveries of 13 cases each. I opted for the second choice. The first 13 cases came on September 30. I wasn't wasting any time.
I have to say upfront that I didn't drink all 26 cases by myself. I gave away cases to neighbors, the Terminix man, to Erika so she'd have it on hand when I babysit (devious, aren't I?). I don't remember when I called to have the delivery of the next 13 cases but it had to be around Christmas as the jolly ole guy was on all the cans. Having that much Coke around, it's very easy to drink 4 cans a day and not realize it. However, all good things come to an end and I put the last 6 pack in the refrigerator on Wednesday and drank the last can on Thursday.
My future...will be Coke-less. All soda-less. I am going cold turkey and fortunately for this gal, I didn't get the withdrawal headache that I have gotten in the past when I have done this. But this is it, I'm gonna be a good girl, and be healthy. I'm going to drink water..well, it may be flavored with orange juice concentrate or pink grapefruit, but it will be a bit healthier.
Adios, Coca~Cola, it's been great drinking you, but my innards will be happy that they've seen the last of you.
Wow....that year supply didn't last anywhere near to a year!!
ReplyDelete