Monday, April 5

Sometimes it pays to be Curious


Last Wednesday, our (Y water class) Lunch Bunch met at Rosa's Restaurant for some good Italian eating. Afterwards, we were all talking in the parking lot as is our wont. (Richard will warn you to be wary of the woman who keeps talking even though you are in your car with the window rolled up ready to leave). Anyway, Ray mentioned that his family always requests that he make his "Easter Pie" for Easter. Not being familiar with that, I asked what was in it. It's made with ricotta cheese, cherries, chocolate chips, and some other goodies. I must have been licking my lips as if I had just tasted it and nodded approval because Ray said, "I'll save you a piece."

True to his word, Saturday I received an e-mail saying he had a piece of pie for me. He brought it to the Y Monday morning before water aerobics. My goodness, it was a big wrapped piece of pie.

When I got home, I unwrapped it and Whoa. It sure looked tasty. I couldn't resist. It's a good thing I took a photo to share with y'all before I took off just a smidgen to get a taste of it. Sneed was lucky I put it in the fridge then so I could share it with him at dinner. It was every bit as good as it looked and then some. I'd give you that last small piece that's in the fridge but by the time you read this, it'll be gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment