Friday, December 18

AOA Potluck Lunch & Ornament Exchange

AOA = Active Older Adults, and man are we ever!! I only participate in the water half of AOA, but there are several who do the 'land' or gym exercises as well. We also take day trips to museums and other places of interest during the year.

Today we gathered for a Potluck Lunch and Ornament Exchange. The Y furnished 2 cooked turkeys and we did the rest. Duh, I didn't take a photo of the delicious food we enjoyed. Two of the dishes that disappeared quickly were the Spinach Madeleine (I'm getting that recipe - it's from an old Louisiana cookbook from the 60s) and the cold steamed asparagus with red peppers.



Here's a small representation of those of us who brave the cold weather to jump in the pool. (Cold for Texas that is)

Back row: Renee' and her husband, Jack, Pat and her husband Abe, Anne, Sid
Middle row: Abe, Katie, to be identified
Front row: Sandi, Gloria, Sandra, Hetty, Terri



Here's the cute guy I got to steal. Bet you didn't know I possessed that vice...but, why not? I was number 19 and there were only 21 players. Jack came up to me afterward to let me know that I had stolen the one he had brought. I think I did pretty good considering Annemarie wound up with an avocado with a paper clip speared through its top at the ornament exchange she attended.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, that guy is MUCH nicer than my avocado!!

    ReplyDelete