After another leisurely breakfast, we drove over to the coast to walk along the boardwalk and revisit the carousel. When I was here in October, I wanted to ride the carousel so badly but neither Annemarie, Brett, nor I were carrying cash. I've been riding carousels ever since I can remember (which in my case is a pretty long time). I rode my first horse at Coney Island half hanging off of him (I always ride a steed) and holding on to the brass pole for dear life as I tried to snag the brass ring for a free ride. So this was an imperative repeat visit with cash. The ride was everything I'd hoped it would be...and the price - phenomenal! From now on, a spin on the merry-go-round will be my #1 priority whenever we visit SB, well I'll bump it to #2 cause Annemarie and Brett will take over the #1 spot.
Enjoying ourselves at the carousel and on the pier across the street.
Photos from the pier. The number of boats in the harbor is astounding. As far as the eye can see, there are moored boats sized from dinghies to yachts. One can even drive out to the end of the pier, for a fee, but a walk in the fresh air was much more stimulating. I'd never seen a starfish in its natural habitat and was surprised to see one attached to one of the pier pilings..and it was orange, not the sandy color usually associatied with starfish. There were some waffles left over from breakfast and I suggested that Annemarie and Loralyn break them up to feed the birds in her backyard. She still had them in her pocket and they fed the seagulls instead...in spite of the DO NOT FEED THE BIRDS sign.
Birds of paradise don the landscape of SB like weeds, they're everywhere and all are so vibrant with color. The center calla lily was outside the Harbor Restaurant. Don't know about the guy trying to bend the cactus plant though. Oddly enough, the plant grows in that arched shape.Enjoying the first of many rides to come....
No comments:
Post a Comment