
l>r Beth and Peggy on the bus ~ Anne and Carolyn across the aisle ~ The Y group at Solana
We visited three different options for senior living: Eagle's Trace Retirement Living, The Solana at Cinco Ranch, and Sunrise of Cinco Ranch .

Each place feted us with food and drink appropos to our Caribbean/Hawaiian theme. Firstly, we had some great hors d'oeuvres, then the main dish (yum!) with some delicious fruity rum drink.

Finally, we had some excellent desserts and (more alcoholic) drink. Now, to tell the truth, this particular adult drink had a peculiar taste so I didn't imbibe although I did eat the anemic-looking cherry. We were serenaded by a real Hawaiian "Don Ho" type whilst eating. At each place we toured the living areas and had questions answered pertaining to the setup there. At the conclusion of the tour a raffle was held for treat baskets assembled by each place. The air was electric as Kim rifled around in the basket for the first ticket. "Carolyn," she announced. She received a great picnic basket full of goodies. After the excitement at our table died down, the second name was read. "Anne". Anyone who has been around me knows that I can't contain my excitement at winning anything and I shouted out a "WooHoo!" raising my arms in the air. My prize was an insulated bag filled with a 6 pack of Saint Arnold Summer Pils Handcrafted (in Houston, I might add) Microbrewed Beer, a couple of tumblers, and a barbecue set of mitt, and heavy duty utensils. With 2 winners at our table of 4, Peggy and Beth should have been shoo-ins for the final gift bag. Oddly, someone else won the last treat.
Our day ended at the Y from whence we began. We all received t-shirts in commemoration of our 'passport adventure'. Carolyn and I left with the biggest grins.
That's a nice little gift basket! So fun to win!
ReplyDelete