Saturday, July 31

Acting Squirrely



Seems the squirrels had a party last night and left their litter all over the sidewalk underneath the pine tree. Evidently this little guy (gal?) had not gotten a fair share as I espied it in the tree this morning still gnawing away. Oops, it fell out of its paws - look at it straining to see where the fallen pine cone went. Was surprised it let me take a portrait as it disappeared back up the tree for more.



Not to be outdone, before we left for a little jaunt, Sneed called my attention to a wasp and its conic nest on one of the French doors. It was pushing an inch worm that it had caught into its nest to feed those inside. By the time I got ready to photograph said feeding, the wasp had flown away. I immediately advised Sneed to generously spray the cone as wasps are not invited guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment