Friday, September 9

Grandparents' Day at Dickinson Elementary

Needless to say, it didn't run as smoothly as last year when Sneed had the day off and was able to help with getting the lunches et al. Anyway, I went to McDonald's with my hastily written 'menu' of items for Olsin. Wasn't that hard. 6 pack of chicken nuggets, ketchup, apple slices, milk and for the toy he wanted - the Blue Echo.  Well that seemed easy enough. Waiting along the wall for his class to come along, I was talking to another grandma when Olsin came up and surprised me giving me a big hug. We went to Table 1 where his class eats. I unloaded his lunch. It went downhinll from there. There was no ketchup, no apples, and the wrong toy. It was funny because Dena who was sitting next to Olsin immediately said "I'll take it.".  It was a small sneaker flashlight that could be fastened to her belt loop. It was blue though. Someone else didn't want theirs so Dena got a pink one as well. The entire lunch period Olsin put his head on his arms on the table and wouldn't eat. Picture taking was out of the question as well so I snapped a quick one of him while he waited to go outside for recess.



Erika helped out by getting Aedin's and Dylin's lunches. Olsin's lunch period ended at 1120 (they are all 30 minutes long) and Aedin's started at 1150. So Erika made the trip to Taco Bell for Aedin's lunch, and Jack in the Box for Dylin's and brought them up to the school. Dylin's lunch overlapped Aedin's by 10 minutes as hers started at 1210 and Aedin's ended at 1220. So, I saw Dylin long enough to give her her lunch and then got in line for the photograph with Aedin. For some reason, it was taking longer than usual to get the photos taken. Aedin took a great photo of the 2 of us (hehe) afterwards. I finally got back in the cafeteria for the last 5 minutes of Dylin's lunch. Dylin had a lot of fun goofin' around with Garrison who was in front of us in line and also in her class. All of a sudden Dylin lifted Garrison off the ground. It was a flashback of Erika lifting her friend, Matthew, off the ground when she was in playschool.

No comments:

Post a Comment