Friday, September 16

Ha, Ha, Ha, Ho, Ho Ho, and a couple of Tra La Las

That's how we laugh the day away in the merry old Land of Oz. And have fun we did. As we were entering Liberal, KS, I started seeing billboards advertising Dorothy's home and the Land of Oz. We just had to stop there.

We found it. There was Dorothy's house with Dorothy and Toto standing out front. The storm cellar was the red door in the grass. What a huge Kansas sunflower!

I was pleased to see that Ron and Nancy also enjoyed the Land of Oz enough to have a brick engraved with their names.

Proclamation from the Governor of Kansas stating that Liberal, KS, was the Gateway to the Land of Oz (Ahs)

 Enjoying the swing and making new friends

A then and now photo. Then was less than 2 weeks before Annemarie was born.

 Sneed enjoyed a Hokie reunion with Jim Floyd, also a former Corps of Cadets member -  Class of '64.

Note the new Max Speed. I have to admit when I realized what Sneed was doing, I egged him on. As you can see in the far right photo in the other blog entry for 16 September, the roads further west were flat with no traffic as far as the eye could see. Need I say, Cy performed effortlessly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment