
I've been reading The Pioneer Woman's blog for over a year now. Annemarie 'introduced' Ree to me and I gained a friend. Since then, I've been hooked, checking daily for Ree's posts. Evidently thousands more across the country are as interested as evidenced by the massive crowds at the previous book signing stops. Who would not love someone who tells it like it is and introduces herself this way. Click here: http://thepioneerwoman.com/blog/category/pioneer_woman/about_pioneer_woman/
Originally Blue Willow Bookstore planned to have the signing at their 1700 square foot store. Once they realized that this was going to be a huge event, the venue was changed to Georgia's Market, an organic food store in an over-sized warehouse type storefront along the feeder of I-10. There were over 350 people waiting for Ree to appear at today's book signing. "Ree, Ree, Ree" went the chant as we waited. Seems there was a wardrobe malfunction...trouble getting into her Spanx. = ) (although she definitely doesn't need to wear one)
Taylor accompanied me not knowing what she was about to experience. There was a short Q and A session conducted by the proprietor of the bookstore then the floor was opened for questions from the audience. The best question was actually for Marlboro Man, Ree's name for her hunk of a husband, who unfortunately didn't come on this leg of the tour. She said, "I'll answer for him". The question..."boxers or briefs?". After a lengthy discussion, the question had not been answered. She finally admitted "boxers" and a few other choice tidbits which set the audience to laughing uncontrollably. Taylor said, "She's so real".
The order of signing was determined by the color of the card one had. I was fortunate to have a yellow card allowing me to be in the second group of 25 to have books signed. (How I managed to have such a great card is a story for another day...but I will say it was compliments of my hubby) Ree is so generous with her time that each person was allowed to have a photo taken with her as she signed the book(s) and carried on a short conversation. Her generosity extended to both of us receiving a very nice PW t-shirt to remember the occasion.
She announced that "Black Heels to Tractor Wheels", the Harlequin novel of her meeting, courting, and marriage to Marlboro Man will be coming out in a year or so. Woo Hoo, another chance to meet our friend. More than once she told us that she considered all of us her friends - which is a good thing since so many of us start conversations with "My friend Ree....". Now we have met our friend and she is real.
Awww....so great!! A nice write-up and what a fun experience!!
ReplyDelete