
Once again mist was on the golf course...tomorrow the cars are supposed to start lining up the on the 9th fairway around 0630. Will the mist be a problem and the ground be too wet for the cars to make a careful entry? We'll have to wait and see. As we were cruising to breakfast at the Cal Neva Resort, look what I espied in the side mirror. A brand new Ferrari coming to play catch up. Seems one of our members just got it in San Diego and drove it to the meet. I got to sit in it. I could feel the power and it wasn't even running!

Once we got to the CalNeva, we were thown back into time when Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis, Jr and the ratpack used to 'takeover' this place. Every wall with full of photographs from the era. So interesting. One of the employees of the resort asked if we would line up the cars on the circular driveway for a photo op. The left side of the driveway was perfect, the right side - a disaster. A big thrill for me was riding back to our hotel in the jumpseat of the 1934 Bentley with Greg and Doug's wife, Carole. After the ride, Greg informed me that at home his dog occupies the jumpseat. Oh well, I guess he enjoys it as much as I did.
In the afternoon, while Sneed was spiffing up Cy's external and internal appearance, I took a nice long walk and enjoyed the flora and fauna. Didn't see any bears but the chippies were adorable.


No comments:
Post a Comment