Friday, August 26

Dylin has a sleepover

 While we were gone, Dylin left a message asking if she could have a sleepover.  I made arrangements to pick her up after school today. We went home to pack her bag, and then we were back on the road up to Katy.  I told her to take a little nap as the 30 minute drive always seems so long to her. When we pulled in the driveway, Sneed came out to greet us. He got Dylin out of the carseat, although the minute he stepped into the house she woke up.
As soon as she awoke, she wanted to go in the pool...

After a shower, she donned her new dress and posed in the gazebo. Then we had some franks and beans for dinner.

For dessert, we went to a new place that recently opened, Rita's Ice. Dylin wanted the large orange slushy drink. It did a number on her teeth and tongue. Fortunately, it came off when she brushed her teeth. Otherwise, it would be the perfect treat for a t-sip. = ) (Aggie humor)

Sneed set up the DVD player so we could watch a couple of episodes of Fraggle Rock.  I was getting tired, but she was too wired from the icee drink. She sent an email to her Mommy, who sent one back lickety split. Erika also sent some of the photos from when Dylin was a model of Flower Girl dresses.
She looks so grown up in these photos.

We Skyped with Aunt Annemarie, Uncle Brett, and Burke. Burke was really watching Dylin as she made funny faces at him to make him laugh.
 I asked her if she wanted some curls tomorrow. There were some bobby pins in the bathroom drawer so I pin curled her hair. She had to be careful when she was sleeping because she moves all over the bed. Last time the curlers fell out when we tried this. Maybe the bobby pins will hold.

Saturday morning when I peeked in to see how she was doing, she was 180 degrees turned in the bed. When she came downstairs she announced she only found one bobby pin in the bed. Voila!, curls!!

No comments:

Post a Comment