Thursday, August 18

Beautiful Day for Judging

Surprisingly enough, the mist that had covered the golf course all week was not present this morning when we started lining up the cars to enter the field. Mother Nature always provides and she gave us a nice, sunny day to walkabout and see all the cars spaced neatly on the fairway. Naturally, I am showing Cy on the field, but to make this blog entry short I am limiting photos of the other PMCs to a few that we haven't seen before.
Cy and a prisine 1937 4 1/4 Litre Bentley

A rare 1929 RR Twenty HP shooting brake the woodwork of which was all redone by the owner and a 1915 RR Silver Ghost

As I was standing in the shade near where the 1st place cars were being placed, a flock of geese flew overhead and over the small lake (I guess it's a water trap). I was quite excited to let Sneed know I had gotten such a great photo. When I neared Cy (also in the winners' circle) I noticed Sneed was still polishing. Seems the geese when they flew over, decided to 'let go' and Cy was the recipient of their gift. Oh, the ignominy of it all.
Quite an interesting story about this 1938 Phantom III. Matt and his two young sons drove cross country from Virginia to the meet. Carter and Kyle will have a plethora of stories to relate as they write their "What I did this Summer" essays when school starts. Matt's blog about their journey will definitely jog their memory. 


The gardener at the Resort told me she was quite proud that this Monkeyflower planted a few weeks ago is thriving. Evidently pink monkeyflowers mainly grow in higher elevations and this is the first time they had planted them.  The meet ended with the Final Banquet held at the hotel. This was our dessert course. It was only fitting that the Flying Lady should grace the plates as we celebrate her 100th Anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment