Tuesday, August 2

Dame Carol? No, just Carol

I've met a lot of people doing water exercise at the Y.  About 18 months ago, I met a special lady, Carol, who is from the UK. She was here visiting her son and daughter-in-law and their two daughters, and came to the Y with her daughter-in-law to work out in the pool. She's a nursery school teacher in the UK, but manages to get to Katy about every 3 months or so.  Since I've known her she has received an MBE from the Queen. Fortunately I don't have to address her as Dame as she said she was the same old Carol.

A few weeks ago, I received an email from Carol.  She would be here in August and hoped we'd get to see each other. She'd love to continue coming to the pool, but the Y is no longer allowing guests during regular class time so we have to make other arrangements to meet.  Immediately I replied to find out the dates in August as we would be leaving for Lake Tahoe on the 11th. Our schedules meshed and we were able to enjoy  a coffee at Kosmos across from the Y today. Carol will be back in December (if not sooner) for the birth of her new grandchild. How exciting. Sooo, here we are. 

Carol went home this past weekend. I got this email from her today. What a scary situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment