Saturday, September 3

Birds evacuating due to approaching Tropical Storm Lee

Sneed was enjoying his pipe outside after dinner when I walked out to join him. He mentioned that he has seen numerous doves flying towards the northeast singularly and in groups. I ran to get the camera to capture this phenomenon. I wonder if they know something that the meteorologists don't. They, as of 10PM, are still saying we will only get sprinkled upon this far West of Houston. Somehow the birds got the call, and they are all taking heed.

The first photo appears to be geese instead of doves and they are flying in the opposite direction


The last photo appears to be ducks or geese also flying in a different direction still in formation

2 comments:

  1. Too bad you're not getting any rain....those are some ominous looking clouds. Neat pictures of the birds with the blue and yellow sky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, it was totally spur of the moment. Camera up, snap!
    Even with all this forewarning, no rain. And today, Labor Day Monday, it's a cool SB type morning with the temp only in the 70s. Bliss!

    ReplyDelete